Senior Graphic Designer – DIV Brands
About the company and who we are:
Divbrands is a global, remote working e-commerce company. We focus on data-driven decision-making to launch unique D2C apparel brands to specific audiences across the globe.
Because of our intense research and targeting process, we only launch when we know a brand will succeed. With employees from 15 different countries, we embody a company culture that is vibrant, diverse, playful, and performance-driven. We research, develop, and build our brands on “impulse” marketing platforms. We specialize in creative production, with regional creative hubs that make agile, data-backed creatives that convert sales.
Each brand, product, and piece of creative content is “glocalised” for our various local, regional, and nationally diverse customers around the globe. We believe that online shopping behaviour never stays the same. That’s why we focus on algorithmic predictions and machine learning technology to forecast demand and product engagement across categories.
Traditional brands, as we know them, are in transition. Consumers are faced with a rapidly changing social, economic, and retail environment – and this demands that brands become versatile, data-based, and driven by actual user behaviour. Divbrands has been doing this for over three years – our mission is to achieve the most satisfying e-commerce experience for the modern shopper, wherever they are.
About the role in a nutshell:
As part of the creative & content team, you’ll be responsible for developing, optimising, and maintaining graphic design guidelines for apparel and footwear D2C e-commerce brands across a myriad of digital channels.
At least 5 years of extensive experience
Report to Senior Art Director
Data-driven analytical mindset with a ‘can-do’ attitude
Fully remote global company
- Play an integral role in creating new brand identities and developing the visual language to bring that to life across digital channels
- Develop, optimise, and articulate multiple in-house brands’ design guidelines for various platforms, including e-commerce shopfront, video, display, CRM, social, packaging, etc
- Scrutinise performance metrics to analyze the success of design elements (CTA buttons, wireframes, design elements) and identifying opportunities to improve the effectiveness of our design solutions
- Collaborate with the copywriter and creative operations manager to ensure timely go-live of creative deliverables
- Brainstorm insight-led campaign ideas with the broader team and provide design treatments and campaign identities to bring it to life
- Partner with the Creative Operations Manager to improve efficiencies and ways of working in the design team
- Manage design output; ensuring quality and accuracy of all deliverables
- Stay up to date on digital design best practices, competitor activity, and industry trends
- Manage and mentor a team of graphic designers
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salary with regular performance evaluations
- High growth e-commerce career & development path
- Highly skilled colleagues to learn from
- 20 days of paid leave
- Down to earth, flat hierarchy environment
- Hybrid model/flexible
- Supportive and uplifting peers (no office politics)
- Graphic design degree/diploma
- Experience in comparable positions – 5+ years (online/agency experience preferable)
- Languages – English (native)
- Industries – Fashion e-commerce/Digital agencies
- Region – Cape Town
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Collaborative mindset