Digital Media Consultant – Spot Money
This role will be the digital media consultant for a fintech at a pivotal time in the business’s journey. You’ll be joining a dynamic team of seasoned business, marketing, product and development professionals, as they take the product that they’ve just launched to scale. Spot Money SA is South Africa’s first open banking marketplace that combines payments, digital banking and a personalised marketplace into one “Super App”!
By joining straight after launch, you will be able to influence the Marketing strategy, placing your personal stamp on the business. We can’t lie, being in a start-up is hard, there are going to be long hours, job roles will evolve, and you will be asked to learn and grow with the business. However, this comes with great reward and personal satisfaction.
You will be responsible for the planning, execution, reporting and optimisation of all Digital Media campaigns that underpin the achievement of marketing, product and business KPI’s. This role has the mandate to leverage best practice Digital Media strategy across paid advertising channels including but not limited to, Google Search, Display and UAC. Facebook Lead and App Campaigns. App Store Media (Google Play Store, Apple App Store, Huawei App Gallery) and Affiliate media channels. You will be equipped with the right tools, systems, research and behavioural analytics allowing you to deliver results through a truly data and customer insights led approach.
What will you do?
- Develop and execute Digital Media Campaigns aligned to the businesses go-to-market strategy.
- Monitor, analyse and optimise all Digital Media activity based on the performance relative to business plan targets and KPI’s.
- Liaise and manage internal stakeholders inclusive of Customer Engagement, Marketplace Growth, Creative, Customer Support and 3rd Party Service providers (E.g. Google, Facebook, AppsFlyer).
- Partner with highly skilled product, support, business and technology teams to deliver on the business vision.
- Work within a defined budget, targets and KPI’s.
- Manage your deliverables through effective project planning and execution.
- Remain up to date with the terminology, concepts and best practices of the industry.
- Assist the team to ensure that expectations are well understood and communicated.
- Min of 3 years in a similar role.
- A demonstrated record of planning and execution in a similar role.
- Degree or post-graduate qualification in a related discipline.
What you need to Succeed
- Experience with Mobile and App marketing best practices.
- Proven ability to interpret Digital Media results and make data-informed decisions.
- Proven knowledge of the Digital Media landscape with an ability to adapt as it evolves.
- Domain knowledge in the payments, finance or similar fields is desired.
- Experience working with diverse and multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience working with multiple providers and systems.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously, deliver on tight deadlines and stretch KPIs.
- Constantly benchmark our performance against leading world-class businesses.
- Proven organisation and collaborative skills to balance divergent priorities.
- Positive and empathetic attitude with a proven ability to work well with and lead teams.
- Excellent written communication skills: grammar, sentence structure, and spelling.
- Strong computer literacy with the ability to learn new applications quickly.
Table Stakes Include
- A logical, analytical approach
- A “why can’t it be done attitude”
- The ability to walk, run or swim in quicksand and
- Ability to have fun whilst juggling the above.
- Competitive market-related salary
- Flat structure
- Flexi hours
- An environment that fosters personal growth and
- Being part of a business that you can be truly proud of.