Digital Marketing Manager
- Role: Digital Marketing Manager
- Location: Cape Town
- Education level: degree
- Job Level: Mid
- Type: Permanent
- Company: Academy of Digital Arts
- Remuneration: Negotiable depending on experience
The Academy of Digital Arts is a digital design academy based in Cape Town and offering full time, part-time, and corporate training courses in graphic, web, and game design as well as concept art. We pride ourselves on bridging the gap between education and industry and are looking for a, goal-driven, and highly motivated marketer to help grow our team and implement the day to day activities of our marketing strategies.
You will work alongside a variety of experienced individuals, but should have a thorough knowledge of traditional marketing means, and be particularly versed in digital, online and social media marketing from paid campaigns to content marketing. As part of your role, with the support of a marketing strategist, you will also need to measure, enhance and enrich the marketing strategy and material as necessary, and grow into roles with further responsibility.
Key role responsibilities
- Development and implementation of tactical omni-channel marketing plan and strategy, in conjunction with advisors and team.
- Organisation and roll-out of traditional, online and social media marketing
- Develop and manage marketing and communications calendar
- Organise, manage and facilitate offline and online marketing activities and events
- Collaborate with sales, design, and web team to develop partnership activities, act on identified opportunities, and facilitate each course’s marketing needs.
Budget and reporting responsibilities
- Prepare and adhere to budgets
- Prepare and present reports on marketing results and performance
- Analyse marketing and communicate recommendations to adjust strategy and tactics to increase the overall ROI of budget spend.
- Work alongside a copywriter to prepare relevant content materials including marketing copy, newsletters, press releases and blog posts
- Ensure all material distributed reflects brand identity and personality
- Be responsible for ensuring accuracy in the information
- Maintain and update mailing list databases
Social media responsibilities
- Manage and maintain all social media platforms from advertising to content creation
- Including Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok, LinkedIn, etc.
- Coordinate, execute and participate in online/offline marketing events and trade shows, working with developers, advertisers, and production managers, to market products and services
- Coordinate and host any inhouse marketing-related events
- Based in Cape Town
- Degree or diploma in marketing
- Two to three years in online acquisition marketing on channels such as Google Ads, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Three years of social community management media marketing
- Fundamental knowledge in advertising across all key digital platforms, analysis of data, and reporting.
- Experience in SalesForce, Google Studio is a plus.
- Prior experience from education
- Strong SEO knowledge
- Facebook Blueprint Certification
- Google Ads Certification
- Target driven
- Exceptional work ethic and commitment to the ADA culture
- Ability to work independently while maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, customers, and the general public
- Strong organisational and administration skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound decision -and prioritisation making ability