Digital Content Designer – Spot Money
The business opportunity
Rarely does a person have the opportunity to join a disruptive company that will change the way people view the financial services industry? Banking is old school, a chore, it’s expensive and something most of us don’t like doing. It’s time someone changed that and shifted the power from the incumbents to the consumer. After all, it’s your money, why should you constantly have to pay fees and then pay more fees just for good measure. It should be a value exchange that fits seamlessly into customers lives, imagine banking was as simple as sending a text message.
You have the unique opportunity to be part of the company that’s mission is to deliver on this promise;
Everything you want from banking minus the stuff you don’t from banks.
This role will be the digital content designer for a fintech at a pivotal time in the business’s journey. You’ll be joining a dynamic team of seasoned business, marketing, product and development professionals, as they take the product that they’ve just launched to scale. Spot Money SA is South Africa’s first open banking marketplace that combines payments, digital banking and a personalised marketplace into one “Super App”!
By joining straight after launch, you will be able to influence the brands creative and content strategy, placing your personal stamp on the business. We can’t lie, being in a start-up is hard, there are going to be long hours, job roles will evolve, and you will be asked to learn and grow with the business. However, this comes with great reward and personal satisfaction.
You will be responsible for executing high-quality digital content and visual design, across all marketing and CX channels, aligned to our brand CI and supporting the achievement of marketing, product and business KPI’s. This role has the mandate to ensure that content across all Digital assets is aligned to the creative and performance marketing strategy while also evolving the visual aesthetic of the brand in collaboration with key stakeholders. You will be equipped with the right tools, systems, research and behavioural analytics allowing you to deliver stand-out, results-oriented digital content design through a truly data and customer insights led approach.
What will you do?
- Lead the design and execution of digital content for mobile-first experiences that are simple, intuitive, and effective.
- Take the lead and act proactively to develop design-led communication opportunities in collaboration with your colleagues in Marketing, Customer Support, and Product.
- Own the nitty-gritty of stand-out creative executions across communications touchpoints, including (but not limited to) website landing pages, emailers, digital advertising, in-app messaging, social content, infographics, video (explainers, tutorials, brand inspiration).
- Optimise digital content based on its performance relative to business plan targets and KPI’s.
- Own the application of the brand CI and design language across all visual assets.
- Participate in regular product reviews and feedback sessions.
- Collaborate with the development team and external suppliers to make sure every touchpoint is on-brand.
- Work within a defined budget, targets and KPI’s.
- Manage your deliverables through effective project planning and execution.
- Remain up to date with the terminology, concepts and best practices of the industry.
- Assist the team to ensure that expectations are well understood and communicated.
- Min of 3 years in a similar role.
- A high-calibre digital content design portfolio.
- Degree or post-graduate qualification in a related discipline. What you need to Succeed
- Experience with Mobile and App marketing best practices.
- Proven ability in designing for a mobile-first experience.
- Proven ability to implement digital content using best practice CMS tools E.g. WordPress.
- Domain knowledge in the payments, finance or similar fields is desired.
- Experience working with diverse and multidisciplinary teams.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously, deliver on tight deadlines and stretch KPIs.
- Constantly benchmark our performance against leading world-class businesses.
- Proven organisation and collaborative skills to balance divergent priorities.
- Positive and empathetic attitude with a proven ability to work well with and lead teams.
- Excellent written communication skills: grammar, sentence structure, and spelling.
- Strong computer literacy with the ability to learn new applications quickly.
Table Stakes Include
- A logical, analytical approach
- A “why can’t it be done attitude”
- The ability to walk, run or swim in quicksand and
- Ability to have fun whilst juggling the above.
- Competitive market-related salary.
- Flat structure
- Flexi hours
- An environment that fosters personal growth and
- Being part of a business that you can be truly proud of.