Evening Short Course
Next Course Begins: 20 April 2019
Length of Course: 4 Weeks
Static (or plain HTML) websites are a thing of the past. Enhance your interaction by creating visually stunning, interactive websites that will impress your user and make your websites stand out from the crowd.
In this course you will learn the following skills:
• Syntax and common practice.
• How to think logically and logic flow-diagrams.
• Troubleshooting – understanding how to do it and where to look for answers.
• Creating basic variables
• Working with different data types and using operators & operands.
• Conditional logic directly relating to user-interaction-feedback on a webpage.
• Creating an animated hamburger menu, sticky navigation, pop-ups and more.
• Utilising and manipulating arrays using for and while loops to reduce repetitive coding.
• HTML manipulation – adding and removing elements from the DOM.
• CSS manipulation – changing css properties on certain events.
• Listening for and firing code based on user-events (such as clicking, scrolling or hovering).
• Basic animation & transitions.
• Retrieving data from HTML input on form submission.
• External Libraries, additional resources and plugins.
Meet your lecturers_
Please note all our lecturers work as a team, and are booked based on their independent schedules. As such, course allocations are subject to change.
I greatly enjoyed studying with the Academy of Digital Arts. Great lecturers and atmosphere, I would definitely come back!
Shot Academy of Digital Arts for an awesome course. I thought I knew everything when my company signed me up, but you opened my eyes to some great tricks of the trade and work processes.
Was impressed by the material and lecturing style. The trainer was engaging and knowledgeable, and took us step by step through the process. Well structured and polished.
Facts, Figures and FAQ.
Course Requirements: Basic Computer Skills
Students joining this course should have knowledge and understanding of HTML and CSS, as well as responsive design techniques.
What do you receive at the end of the course?
You will receive an Academy of Digital Arts Certificate of Completion showing the Apple and Adobe logos, as well as your details and the details of the course you completed.
You will also receive a 2GB Flashstick, which you can keep after the completion of the course.
2020 Course Schedule
20 April – 13 May
27 July – 19 August
2 November – 25 November
Monday – Wednesday, 17h30 – 20h30
Classes on a public holiday will shift to the next available date, arranged by the lecturer.
Cost: R6 500
Why not ask about our package deals?